Patients reward digital innovation - Competition Notice 2020
The Digital Health Academy, with the unconditional contribution of MSD Foundation, announces the third edition of the Patients' Digital Health Awards, which is meant to reward the design and/or implementation of digital health projects aimed at improving the quality of life and care of patients suffering from different diseases and their caregivers. This year, the PDHA call for application also aims to reward a digital health solution designed to address the needs of those who, living with a disease, had to manage the difficulties of diagnosis and treatment during the COVID-19 emergency and/or those who contracted the COVID-19.
The subject of the call may therefore be a project already implemented, a solution for the Covid-19 emergency or an idea. The first category refers to a technological solution that has already been developed, tested or used; the second category refers to a technological solution developed and used during the Covid-19 health crisis to address the needs of those who, living with a disease, had to manage the difficulties of diagnosis and treatment during the COVID-19 emergency and/or those who contracted the COVID-19. The third category refers to a solution that has been conceived but has not yet been implemented or used in reality.
Among the various Digital Health tools are: apps, wearable technologies, virtual reality and augmented reality tools, Big Data, Blockchain, social media, instant messaging systems, artificial intelligence and IoT, sensors, telemedicine platforms, digital health and narrative medicine. For more information please read the Competition Notice.
The application is open from 12:00 pm on 2 July 2020 until 17:00 pm on 24 September 2020.
How to participate
For the 2020 Patients' Digital Health Awards, you are required to fill in the Participation Form, which includes 4 steps:
Entering information about the Project Leader
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Permission to the processing of personal data
Enter the participant's information:
- Physical Person (yes/no)
- Entity to which you belong (only if you are not a natural person) of your choice: Service company, IT company, public and private organizations operating in the field of scientific research and health care
- Name Participating entity (only if it is not a person)
- Head office and registered office (only if it is not a person)
- Fiscal code/ VAT number
- Number of projects submitted (maximum 3 projects)
- Name and Last Name of the Administrative Contact Person for the contractual party (only if it is not a person)
- Qualification of the Administrative Contact Person for the contractual party (only if it is not a person)
- E-mail of the Administrative Contact for the contractual party (only if it is not a person)
- Telephone number of the Administrative Contact for the contractual party (only if it is not a person)
Information for the presentation of the project:
- Type of project (idea, already existing project or solution developed for the Covid-19 emergency)
- Areas of interest selection (maximum 3 of those proposed)
- Project title
- Fill in the online form with the following information: Rational and objectives, Methodology and ways in which you plan to improve, any available or expected results, Use of innovative technologies
- Link to a video (not mandatory, but strongly recommended)
- Loading of any other attachments (not mandatory, but strongly recommended)
- Acceptance of the notice regulation
- Acknowledgement and acceptance of the contractual conditions stipulated in the event of the award of the prize provided for in the Call for Proposals
Submission to the Committee
It is also possible to fill out the Participation Form in separate time sessions. To do this you need an dedicated link that allows you to re-enter the Form and continue the compilation and/or modify the data already entered. The dedicated link will be sent the first time you access the Form and every time you exit the Form.
Before starting the compilation, it is necessary to read the Competition Notice. The complete compilation of the Form must take place no later than 5:00 pm on 24 September 2020.
For further information click here or read more in the F.A.Q. section (Frequently Asked Questions - list of answers to the most frequently asked questions related to the Competition Notice)